Commercial and Industrial Recycling Services
We offer all types of recycling programs and solutions to service your needs.
Residential Recycling Pickup Services
You’re committed to a cleaner, healthier planet, and so is Active Waste Solutions. All of our residential trash customers receive a generously sized 96-gallon wheeled container for recyclable materials.
More than three quarters of what the average person throws in the trash is recyclable. Active Waste wants to change that. That’s why we make life easy with single-stream recycling — no need to separate your recyclable papers, plastics, and so on. Just put them in the bin, and Active Waste will handle the rest!
Help Do Your Part
You can help ensure the success of Active Waste Solutions’ recycling program with a few simple steps:
- Ensure thatall your recyclable containers are empty, have been rinsed, and are completely free of food waste. (This also helps safeguard against pests.)
- Flatten all cardboard boxes
- Recyclables are only allowed in brown paper bags not plastic or simply deposit them in the recycling bin
- IMPORTANT: Note which materials that can and cannot be recycled. (Details are on this page.)
What CAN Be Recycled
- Plastic jugs, tubs and bottles (except #6)
- Rigid plastics
- Empty aerosol cans
- Metal food or drink cans (tin, aluminum, steel)
- Milk and juice cartons / boxes
- Cardboard boxes, including cereal and other food boxes (please flatten)
- Magazines and phone books
- Paperback books
- Junk mail, office paper, paperboard, newspapers (no soiled paper, please)
- Brown paper bags
What CANNOT Be Recycled
- Plastic bags
- Plastic film (i.e., cling wrap)
- Plastic food trays, cups, utensils
- Glass bottles and jars
- Medical waste
- Shredded paper
- Pots, pans and household glassware
- Paper plates and paper napkins
- Light bulbs
- Broken or sharp glass
- Wire hangers
- Takeout / fast food containers
- Styrofoam of any kind (packing peanuts/popcorn, insulation, etc.)
- Dirt, wood chips, and logs
- Paint, chemicals and any type of hazardous material
Remember to keep it clean by rinsing containers and keeping food waste out
All recyclables must be inside of the container
Effective August 1, 2022 Active will no longer collect loose recyclables outside of the container.
Customers have several options:
- Excess recycling can be taken to local convenience centers; most are run by the County. Check your county’s website or call the Solid Waste Division for locations.
- Break down your cardboard boxes into smaller sizes. This frequently allows all material to fit into your container.
- If this situation is a regular occurrence contact us to order a second recycling container for a nominal fee. You may also contact Active Waste Solutions for a one time pick up outside of your normal service day. Call us (704) 626-7400 to discover which option is best for you. You may also email us at email@example.com.